Migration and Migration Alignment (MAMA) is an Association which caters to migrants/minorities needs inclusive of youths who lack access to information, knowledge, and opportunities that will enable them to be economically independent, contribute to society, and even more importantly, integrate into their new environments properly. Integrative strategies, methods and approaches for this demographic through theme activities are developed to foster these aims and objectives.
The MAMA team develops themes, methods/approaches to reach its target audience which are highlighted below:
MAMA-Learning: Activities surrounding this theme for a period aims to help migrants/minorities and youths get more familiar with the environment they are resident in by providing them with knowledge, information, and support that is crucial for personal and career development.
MAMA-Sharing: Provides a space/avenue to show support and provide resources through social/charity events that cater to the basic needs of the target group. Activities surrounding this theme is basically to share with target group tangible materials or resources that will improve everyday living in some way.
MAMA-Volunteering: The purpose of the activities conducted here is to foster more volunteering practices especially among youths who study, or people that make up the target group without employment. This also promotes the spirit of volunteerism and willingness to actively contribute to one’s society through good practices.
MAMA-Inclusive: Organised activities with the intent of bringing the target group in close proximity with their host communities through sports, entertainment, arts, and cultural presentations carried out by the target audience.
The impact of conducting MAMA activities include:
● Access to more opportunities for migrants/minorities and by extension their communities in Europe.
● Improving economic conditions by providing succinct information and awareness for target group.
● Fostering entrepreneurial capabilities.
● Creating an avenue for more collaboration and social interaction.
● Cultural exchanges, mobilities and connections in different EU countries while developing the spirit of volunteerism.
● Being in a position of personal and career development to share experiences with peers through empowerment initiatives and workshops.
● Promoting inclusive practices for migrants/minorities which creates an atmosphere for better interaction and communication with their host communities.